Sunday, January 24, 2010

Blog @ busy moment




It has been 4 months ago since my last blog. Writing blog needs time (especially a good one - hehe). Talking about last semester, it had been a busy semester (but not as busy as this semester). At the end of last semester, I experienced something new in my life – absent from final exams (due to chicken pox). Therefore, I was required to sit for another replacement exam named Peperiksaan Khas (Special Exam) in the beginning of next semester( which is the semester I am taking now). By the time I am writing this blog, the exams were done (I even have known the results though they are not officially out yet).

At here, I would like to give credits to my friends who had helped me. First, thanks to Soon Seng who gave me a ride (no, 2 rides actually) and also clues in answering Pemikiran Kreatif dan Kritis paper (though I didn’t score, don’t worry SS, not your fault, my fault). Thanks very much. I am really proud having a new friend like you. Sometimes, when something is fated to happen, it will surely happen. I didn’t join you guys go Vietnam, then I had chicken pox. Which event was arranged to happen first? I don’t know. Just know that I was given clue not to go or else might have chicken pox during trip. Almighty God (God here means the ones that you believe in your religion. I want to emphasize here so that people will not be confused as the word Allah do in the nation nowadays).

Secondly, thanks to Tai Koon who lent me (the correct word to use is lend (past tense lent), not borrow. Lend = to give something to someone for a short period of time, expecting it to be given back ; borrow = to get or receive something from someone with the intention of giving it back after a period of time. A lot of people do this mistake. Don’t think I am “correcting” people, but I am just sharing my (linguistic) knowledge. When something is incorrect, it is just incorrect, don’t always give excuse to yourself or else you (including myself) will not learn) your past year questions with your answers so that I am able to compare during my self-study in semester break at home. Thanks.

Thirdly, thank to my roommate – Tze Wei (Happy Birthday to you (yesterday), may your wish come true and always keep the laughing face in you) who brought me my notes and books which I needed in order for me to sit for my (part 2)final exam papers(as there was an one-week gap in my papers). There was my first time going your house after knowing you for 3 years (including this semester) and being your roommate for 2 years (including this semester as well). Talking about roommate, I found that we talk less compared to the time before we were roommate (which was first year). Haha. Maybe we see everyday thus become lackadaisical already. Don’t worry, no problem here. It is just a fact. Others please don’t try to sabotage our relationship. Hehe. Therefore sometimes I like distance as well. Just sometimes. Absence makes the heart grow fonder. This apply to all.

Finishing talking about last semester, now I like to talk about this semester. This semester is a hectic semester after all those year-end holidays. I celebrated Christmas in Singapore last year. I were and am happy to be the (so-called) tour guide of the trip with my course mates (Wilfred, Victoria, Tay, Ong, Arthur and (my beloved co-tour guide) Nai). Actually, we just explored Singapore together. The transportation system is very good. It is well planned. Hope the Malaysia government learn from it. Don’t we have all those ‘power power’ people up there in the government (who are very well in “talk big” (cakap besar), who are graduate from renowned universities in the world, who are always making the “wise” decision “for” the Rakyat). Not that I am not patriotic, but sometimes we are really not doing well in a particular field. It is an undoubted fact. Please change for the better especially mindset. No point saying you are first class graduate (even some are not), but you don’t even flush the toilet after you pass motion. All in all, the Christmas celebration in Singapore is a new experience to me. Every new experience will just be nice to me. It is the place I learn to be a better man. A lot of unforgettable memory during that time. Write a special article about it when I have time later. Meanwhile, I celebrated my 2010 new year at The Zon in JB. We drank there, watched fireworks there, bought chocolate bar there. On 1st January, we went to CS to watch Alvin and the Chipmunks - the squeakquel, to go shopping and then had dinner there. The chocolate ice cream in Swensen’s is just nice. I love it.

After all those year-end celebration, my life is extremely busy. Tests, assignments and projects just pour in. A lot to read, a lot to do. Just like everyone else does out there. Besides, I have to choose the company that I will undergo my internship and also my final year project (FYP) supervisor. Thanks God, I have got my internship company – VSL Engineers Sdn. Bhd.. Hope that I will be learning a lot there, not just going there for the sake it is an international renowned company. May that time my internship “boss” will just be fine. I don’t mind learning the hard way, just scare that people are not lending you their helping hands. About FYP. I have found mine (haha, don’t want to tell here as my other friends do initially. Keeping it as secret – scare you will grab my chance with the supervisor. Haha. Just telling truth, if you feel offended, then it is my fault, sorry ; if you feel guilty, it is not your fault. You are just doing the right thing. C'est La Vie). Mine is Assoc. Prof. Abdul Rahman Sam. May change it after I find out more appropriate field for me after internship. Hope so.

“Pen” off here. It is 4am now. I have spent my time allocated for study for tests and doing assignments writing this article. But, I feel worth it. Writing what I am thinking is a pleasure for me. I like sharing sincerely ; I detest hypocrisy. Last but not least, this semester I have a English course lecturer who emphasizes very much on grammar. It is a good thing as many of us don’t master it. Once the lecturer emphasizes it, the students have to study in order for an A. I don’t hope they study that way but no choice. I am not superb in language, but just slightly read more than you guys. You guys also do have your strengths. I just hope that you guys will not say that language is useless. Calculation is more important all those. Please think how if you are working in an international company or abroad (as many of us hope to be), will you say language is not important that time or will your manager accept your paper work which has lots of grammatical errors. Just simply an example. Not to insult others but just hope that people don’t think people who learn language is less useful. Please remember that the phrase “I love you” that you said or will say to your lover is also a part of language. Pen off.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your article, good language which hardly or never can be wrote by me....Envy-ing you....
    Bro, no need to be so 客气 me, as we know ‘在家靠父母;出外靠朋友’,we are all living under the same roof now, so helping each other is a natural thing for me. I didn't expect that I get the 1st place in your appreciation list which I was quite surprised. Do come to me if you face any problems, my door will always open for my friends.
    I think I even worse than you, because I stayed 3 years with the same roommate and I not even been to his house before...Haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thx 4 being the 1st person commenting on my blog. wish u always b d lucky No.1.Hehe. Thx 4 enjoying my writing also. Feel glad 2 hear that.
    Sure I will look 4 u when I am in trouble, but dun like looking 4 u purposely coz that mean I m in trouble. Haha. U can find me too.try my best 2 help. I m 24-hr on-call de. ^0^

    ReplyDelete